In some sections of the website, you may be asked to submit personal information on a voluntary basis. Our websites are maintained in different countries around the world. Your personal data shall be stored and processed in code in Germany in accordance with German data protection laws. The data is transmitted via a coded connection.
Your data is used for purposes of consulting, advertising and market research only when you have issued express consent to this effect. If the declaration of consent for this purpose also covers the transfer of your data to BMW AG companies or to third parties named in the declaration of consent, your data may be passed on to the parties named. If you do not issue a declaration of consent of this nature, your data is not passed on. This declaration of consent may be revoked at any time with regard to future processing of your data. To revoke the declaration of consent, please get in touch with the customer service named in the "Contact" section.
How do we receive your information?
We may receive information about you:
• when you contact us directly, normally via our website or our customer services teams, whether to apply for one of our products or services or to make an enquiry or other request,
• from our network of authorised BMW, MINI and BMW Motorrad retailers,
• from our authorised BMW i sales agents
• from our other group companies and carefully selected business partners who provide products and services under one of our brands, and
• occasionally from other third parties who may lawfully pass to us information about you.
Using your information
We may use your information (which we receive from you or third parties or learn from the way you use our products or services) for a variety of purposes, including:
• to provide or manage any information, products and services you have asked for,
• to help us identify you when you contact us,
• for general administration purposes,
• to help us improve the quality of our products and services,
• to help us detect and prevent fraud and money laundering,
• to help us recover debts,
• to carry out analysis and customer profiling, and
• to identify other products and services which might be of interest to you and to inform you about our products and services (please see below).
We may share your information for any of these purposes with:
• our other group companies in the country and abroad,
• authorised BMW, MINI and BMW Motorrad retailers,
• from our network of authorised BMW i sales agents
• our carefully chosen business partners who provide products or services under one of our brands, and
• our service providers and agents who perform services on our behalf, such as credit card processors and data management firms.
We may also pass your information to third parties:
• if we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes,
• in relation to existing or future legal proceedings,
• in the process of selling one or more of our businesses or to anyone to whom we may transfer our rights under any customer agreement we have with you,
• for the purpose of preventing fraud/loss, for example to fraud prevention agencies.
Informing you about our products and services
We may use your information to contact you with news on BMW cars and motorcycles and MINI cars and other products and services (provided by us, our other group companies or our carefully selected business partners) which may be of interest to you and occasionally for market research purposes.
We may also pass your information to our other group companies, authorised BMW, MINI and BMW Motorrad retailers and our other business partners for these purposes.
We, and these other parties, may contact you by post and phone and, if you give us your prior agreement to do so, by email, SMS and other electronic means.
The range of products and services offered by us, our approved BMW, MINI and BMW Motorrad retailers, our other group companies or selected business partners include:
• MINI / MINI vehicles,
• motor related products and services, including (amongst other things) vehicle finance, leasing and ancillary insurances, vehicle accessories, vehicle emergency service, vehicle warranties and motor insurance, and
• other products, including (amongst other things) insurance.
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us on our vehicles and other products and services by ticking the appropriate box (if providing your information on this website)
Please note if you purchase a vehicle from an authorised MINI Retailer or otherwise give your information to an authorised MINI Retailer, you will have a separate relationship with the retailer in relation to the retailer’s use of your data and you will need to contact the retailer concerned in relation to any request you may have in relation to the retailer’s use of your data.
We will only send you marketing communications by email or other electronic means if you give us your agreement to do so. For example, we may inform you when inviting you to provide your email address that by providing your email address you will be indicating your agreement to receive marketing emails. If you give us your agreement and subsequently wish to opt out you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link which we include on all our marketing emails or you can contact us at any time at the address or telephone number above.
We try to keep our website secure. However you recognise when providing your information to us through our website or when you send us or ask us to send you any of your confidential information by email, that the internet and email communications over the internet may not be secure. We cannot be responsible for any loss or unauthorised interception of information transmitted via the internet which is beyond our control.
A "cookie" is a piece of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
•to help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to our website and to allow us to tailor content of our site to match your preferred interests;
•to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
Two types of cookies may be used on this website : session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site, and persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for longer ( how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Some of our Web pages may also contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web beacons collect only limited information which including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the Web beacon resides.
You can accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
You can find Information on how to disable or enable cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org